Rumor: Ford F-150 Lightning Orders will Open On October 26

f150-lightning-order.png

According to a post on the Lightningowner, a Ford dealer sent info to reservation holders that the Ford Lightning order bank is scheduled to open on October 26.

"Good afternoon ************, this is ******* with ****** . I just found out that the F-150 Lightning order bank is scheduled to open on 10/26. At that point we will be able to convert reservations to orders an actually build out your truck. I'm looking forward to it. While reservations are time stamped, when we submit the order still matters. Feel free to call me with any questions at <phone number>. I will reach out when we get a little closer to see about scheduling an appointment to get together and build your truck. Have a great day."."

Can anyone else confirm this?

I agree Ford has done a piss poor job of communicating with it‘s customers. The dealers have not done any better. Supposedly some of you were contacted by your dealers or you contacted your dealers directly and were told the date was the 26th. We would all like to hear how that was possible? When many of us contacted our dealers and were told that they had heard absolutely nothing on an order date from their Ford Reps. Ford‘s lack of communication is very frustrating.

I was emailed a few weeks ago by my dealer and scheduled an appt with them for 10/29. Last week I emailed them and moved the appt up a few hours due to a work scheduling issue. They did respond to that request and agreed to the time change but I have heard nothing from them since. I will likely email them tomorrow to see if my appt is still on. It certainly doesn’t appear that an appt on 10/29 is going to be productive. it would be nice to hear from them…

I agree Ford has done a piss poor job of communicating with it‘s customers. The dealers have not done any better. Supposedly some of you were contacted by your dealers or you contacted your dealers directly and were told the date was the 26th. We would all like to hear how that was possible? When many of us contacted our dealers and were told that they had heard absolutely nothing on an order date from their Ford Reps. Ford‘s lack of communication is very frustrating.
Don’t understand how and why some dealers contacted their reservation holders regarding the October 26 date without getting any official notifications from Ford. According to many of this forum the October 26 date was a fact and 100% going to happen. Now many are saying that it was postponed or moved to December. Something that was never truly scheduled cannot be postpone! Bottom line, NO ONE has any real idea as to when the ordering date is.

I was emailed a few weeks ago by my dealer and scheduled an appt with them for 10/29. Last week I emailed them and moved the appt up a few hours due to a work scheduling issue. They did respond to that request and agreed to the time change but I have heard nothing from them since. I will likely email them tomorrow to see if my appt is still on. It certainly doesn’t appear that an appt on 10/29 is going to be productive. it would be nice to hear from them…
Interesting to hear what they say about the appointment. I hope it’s not the classic dealer “BAIT & SWITCH”!

From my dealer:
"Order banks definitely did not open on the 26th like we expected. So far the rumors you are hearing are true.

Supposedly, they are set to open in December. I am trying to get a better idea of time for that..

Have not missed anything as of yet."

I’m an early day 1 reservation and my sales guy at the north Houston dealer called Tuesday and said I would be pushed to late November/early December and the system wasn’t configured for our orders yet. Idk what the issues are but it sounds like ford HQ is doing a terrible job of keeping their dealerships in the loop. He did say the timeline for first deliveries was still early spring at least, but we will see...

I’m an early day 1 reservation and my sales guy at the north Houston dealer called Tuesday and said I would be pushed to late November/early December and the system wasn’t configured for our orders yet. Idk what the issues are but it sounds like ford HQ is doing a terrible job of keeping their dealerships in the loop. He did say the timeline for first deliveries was still early spring at least, but we will see...
It is nice that your dealer communicates with you. Mine is crickets.

Would that be Planet ford or Tomball Ford

Back