Rumor: Ford F-150 Lightning Orders will Open On October 26

f150-lightning-order.png

According to a post on the Lightningowner, a Ford dealer sent info to reservation holders that the Ford Lightning order bank is scheduled to open on October 26.

"Good afternoon ************, this is ******* with ****** . I just found out that the F-150 Lightning order bank is scheduled to open on 10/26. At that point we will be able to convert reservations to orders an actually build out your truck. I'm looking forward to it. While reservations are time stamped, when we submit the order still matters. Feel free to call me with any questions at <phone number>. I will reach out when we get a little closer to see about scheduling an appointment to get together and build your truck. Have a great day."."

Can anyone else confirm this?

The way he was talking they would fill the orders by the reservation number. There is only one demo lift and that is in Houston on I think the 27th or 28th and it is booked up. They would not let us take picture inside the truck because like the pro I asked him if that is the console that come in the pro and he said no they just put them together for there demo but I was impressed with the vinyl seats.

Thanks for the info. So if you reserved on May 19th, 20th or 21st you will be in the 1st segment? Did they mentioned anything on how the dealer allocations, regional location and trim levels would effect the ordering process?

Also, where can I find out the schedule of the upcoming Ford Lightning demo locations? Thx!

You can get it here, but it's all booked:

Thanks for the info. So if you reserved on May 19th, 20th or 21st you will be in the 1st segment? Did they mentioned anything on how the dealer allocations, regional location and trim levels would effect the ordering process?

Also, where can I find out the schedule of the upcoming Ford Lightning demo locations? Thx!
Darn. I’m a day late and a dollar short. May 22 is my date.

I put in my reservation the evening of day 3 #10896xxx if we can convince 1/2 the people who reserved in front of me to wait for the Tesla truck that would be great ;)
Well I'm only 280,000 behind you if they are one number higher per reservation. I reserved on 8/29/2021. At the 80,000 per year rate it will be 2026 for me! Oh well I also put $100 reservation on an ID4 AWD base. I think I might actually get that next year. Then I can trade it in on the Ford when it does come up. If they don't extend the tax credits on the F150 by then I'm not getting it. I just want the $40,000 truck and at least a $7500 credit. A $12,500 credit would be even better but it would need to be a refundable credit because I only have about a $8000 tax liability. It sure worked out great this year buying a 2021 Pacifica Hybrid with the $7500 credit. MSRP $42,000. $5000 Chrysler rebate at the time so $37,000 out the door. Drove it 6 months, sold it to the local Nissan dealer wholesale at $40,100 cash (what KBB showed as "trade in"), Vroom offered $40,400 but I didn't want to wait with their poor reviews. Still can take the $7500 credit when I file in January! I'm going to do this every year with some PHEV or BEV that has the $7500 credit available. I doubt it will all come together like the Pacifica as nobody is giving rebates now, but I'm sure the $7500 credit will still make it basically a free car for the year.

Was told by my ford rep to come in on the 26th to order my lightning. Will keep you guys posted. Hope it's not just a waste of my time.

Was told by my ford rep to come in on the 26th to order my lightning. Will keep you guys posted. Hope it's not just a waste of my time.
How low is your reservation number? I certainly wouldn't give them a penny more if it wasn't in the first 20,000 or so.

How low is your reservation number? I certainly wouldn't give them a penny more if it wasn't in the first 20,000 or so.
Hi I’m new here, my reservation is 10904819, placed on 5/23. I was contacted by my dealer a week after the reservation but crickets since. I keep seeing a lot of info about a 10/26 order bank opening. I was under the impression I could order online once the bank was open? Maybe not I guess

Hi I’m new here, my reservation is 10904819, placed on 5/23. I was contacted by my dealer a week after the reservation but crickets since. I keep seeing a lot of info about a 10/26 order bank opening. I was under the impression I could order online once the bank was open? Maybe not I guess
All orders will go through the dealer you chose on 5/23, Ford has no online ordering for anything they have ever sold. I'm 11176*** so you are way ahead of me!

I am very interested in hearing from all the reservation holders that were contacted by their dealers and made appointments to order their Lightnings today on how the process is going. Please let us know.

I just emailed my dealer, will see what his reply is. I've heard that it is delayed until December, but I'd like verification from my dealer. Ford's communication on this is very very poor, to say the least.
Agreed, Ford’s communication with the reservation holders has been awful at best! There has been ZERO information released from Ford regarding the Lightning since the May 19th event. All the information we have officially from Ford was released at that event over 5 months ago.

Agreed, Ford’s communication with the reservation holders has been awful at best! There has been ZERO information released from Ford regarding the Lightning since the May 19th event. All the information we have officially from Ford was released at that event over 5 months ago.
My dealer emailed me this morning saying it is TBD on her end, to be fair when we set up the appointment for today a week ago she said the 26th was a tentative date all along and she wasn’t very confident in it and it was never meant to go public

Back