Price incentives for the F150 lightning

It is my opinion that if the the Biden administration wants to promote the sale of electric vehicles, it would be better to have a 7,500 dollar rebate then a tax incentive. Because as I understand it and correct me if iam wrong,no matter how big the tax incentive they offer you would only get the amount of income tax that you pay. So if you only payed 3,000 dollars in income tax that's all you would get. I can't see how this will promote sales of electric vehicles.
I don't disagree that a rebate would be better, but I think the truth of the matter is that most of us buying a $70,000 truck will have at least a $7500 tax liability

I don't disagree that a rebate would be better, but I think the truth of the matter is that most of us buying a $70,000 truck will have at least a $7500 tax liability
If the bill passes as now being considered it will be a point of sale rebate. Which could be as much as 12,500 the bill has a 10 percent chance of not passing we must considered that.

I don't think so. If I am correct everyone is eligible for the 7,500 but if your truck costs more than 74,000 you will not be eligible for the highest rebate amount. If I am incorrect please let us know.
Until they actually pass the legislation, it's all up in the air...

That said, they bumped up the Pickup Truck MSRP cap (and Van and SUV's) for the credit to $80,000 on Wednesday's draft of the legislation. IF they keep the $80k truck cap will likely mean (given, final pricing still to be announced) there will more Lariat trim/options eligible for the full $12,500 credit than with the lower cap, and for a lot of folks that's a good thing! The point of sale credit transfer/redemption at the dealer option doesn't seem like it will be available until starting in Jan 2023.

Source:
Dated November 3, 2021 at 3:00pm -- EV specific verbiage starting on page 1480

Still in a state of flux until something passes, but they seem to keep tweaking and working on things... Fingers crossed!

Until they actually pass the legislation, it's all up in the air...

That said, they bumped up the Pickup Truck MSRP cap (and Van and SUV's) for the credit to $80,000 on Wednesday's draft of the legislation. IF they keep the $80k truck cap will likely mean (given, final pricing still to be announced) there will more Lariat trim/options eligible for the full $12,500 credit than with the lower cap, and for a lot of folks that's a good thing! The point of sale credit transfer/redemption at the dealer option doesn't seem like it will be available until starting in Jan 2023.

Source:
Dated November 3, 2021 at 3:00pm -- EV specific verbiage starting on page 1480

Still in a state of flux until something passes, but they seem to keep tweaking and working on things... Fingers crossed!
Thanks for letting all of us know the latest information.

Is the EV rebate Bill included in the inferstructer bill that just passed, that Biden hasn't signed yet?
No, it is in the BBB bill that is still pending in Congress and is now the subject of evaluation by the Congressional Budget Office. Who know what the outcome will be.

Another tidbit is that the tax credit for charging stations expires on December 31, 2021, unless extended by Congress.

No, it is in the BBB bill that is still pending in Congress and is now the subject of evaluation by the Congressional Budget Office. Who know what the outcome will be.

Another tidbit is that the tax credit for charging stations expires on December 31, 2021, unless extended by Congress.
Order bank opens January 4

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220103-183746_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220103-183746_Samsung Internet.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20220103-183634_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220103-183634_Samsung Internet.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 89
Thanks but the way I structured my buying power is with some kind of help. Has anyone ever got the safe in the console I would like to know if it is worth it and dos it take up all the room in the console.

0% financing only gets offered to help stimulate sales when a vehicle isn't otherwise in high demand. Since the Lightning is incredibly popular and the first couple years of production are already over-subscribed, there is little incentive for Ford to offer low financing rates.

Ford Credit (Ford's financing arm) made $3.7 billion dollars in just the first three quarters of 2021.

I think most local credit unions are currently offering in the 2-3% range on vehicle financing.

Back