• Extended Range battery

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters

wired

Ford Lightning Forum
Staff member
May 21, 2021
USA
Two lithium-ion battery packs will be available for the 2022 F150 Lightning. a Standard Range pack, which is targeting a 230-mile EPA-estimated range, and an Extended Range battery that provides a claimed 300 miles of range. Ford hasn't disclosed either pack's capacity, but we're estimating 115 kWh and 150 kWh.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
I would like to know if you order the extended battery on a Lariat do you get the skid plat or does it just come on the Platinum
I haven't seen anywhere list a skid plate as an option. Just that it comes with the lithium-ion battery pack???
Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 1.02.04 PM.png

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 7, 2021
ATX
Also, read this in an article today: "Those worried about damaging their F-150 Lightning’s special electrical bits can rest easy, as the battery pack is secured within a waterproof casing and has been crash-tested for safety. The battery pack is liquid-cooled to maintain its durability, and finally, the vehicle features a ton of underbody skid plates to protect the battery pack and electrical motors."

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
The skid plate is standard on all models to protect the battery and motors from what I've seen.
I will be getting the
The skid plate is standard on all models to protect the battery and motors from what I've seen.
I will be getting the Lariat with the premium package and that comes with 300 mile battery. I will add the heavy tow package and auto running boards

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Thanks for telling me I am new to this. Can you tell me how to give people a thumbs up. I bought my Lincoln continental 2017 like this It was a long wait. My first one they crust because it did not pass inspection. If it failed 5 point they crush it and work with me to make me another one in return they gave me a rent car to drive. I have been told that I have been approved and should get a truck.

Last edited:

wingfiry

Jun 18, 2021
McDonald, TN
My question is are all the trim levels using the same tailgate. I am getting the XLT, I was told that model doesn't have the lights bar on the tailgate gate. That an item I really want. Can someone answer this question for me.
My understanding is that the tailgate light bar is only present on the Lariat and the Platinum trim levels.