Reservations will be converted to orders starting 10/28/2021

1st ford

Jul 8, 2021
Texas
I contact my assigned sales rep here in Texas yesterday just trying to start a relationship since im about to spend $80,000 plus. this is the second time I tried to create a relationship and the second time i got a 5 word response to my email saying we dont know anything. I am not apposed to changing dealers at this point. This dealer has very few vehicles to sale I would think these sale reps would at least want to talk to someone in their 8 hour shifts.....

Ljames

Sep 14, 2021
Killeen, Texas
Just talked to my Dealer (Johnson Bro Ford, Temple, TX). The Sales Mgr said, she didn't have a lot of information. I let her know the reservation order bank date that I had heard and she said, she would look into it. She did say that once Ford opens the order bank, that she would give me a call to set up an appointment. Also, I found this interesting, the dealer will probably get a Lightning for their service department to train on and she said, they call reservation holders to come down and take a look. We can't drive it, but can crawl around it. She also didn't know (or wouldn't tell me) what reservation number I am at the dealership.

Also, she mentioned, they didn't charge a dealer markup on the new Bronco or the Mach-E. She envisioned the same for the Lightning, but since they didn't have pricing she couldn't commit--I'm good with that since I hinted that other dealers weren't charging one. NOTE: anyone interested in a Mach-E, (as of Sep 29th at 3 p.m. CDT) they have one with only 3K miles, not sure what they are asking. They also had a Maverick earlier this month for Service Dept training and called all of the reservation holders.

Like 1st Ford's comment above. My main point of talking to them was to introduce myself, so they know I'm serious and remind them to contact me. I was impressed, they called me within an hour.

Date Reservation Placed: 05/25/2021
Reservation ID Number: 10905566
Your Ford Dealer: Johnson Brothers Ford

Ljames

Sep 14, 2021
Killeen, Texas
I contact my assigned sales rep here in Texas yesterday just trying to start a relationship since im about to spend $80,000 plus. this is the second time I tried to create a relationship and the second time i got a 5 word response to my email saying we dont know anything. I am not apposed to changing dealers at this point. This dealer has very few vehicles to sale I would think these sale reps would at least want to talk to someone in their 8 hour shifts.....
Who is your dealer?

Don weller

Just talked to my Dealer (Johnson Bro Ford, Temple, TX). The Sales Mgr said, she didn't have a lot of information. I let her know the reservation order bank date that I had heard and she said, she would look into it. She did say that once Ford opens the order bank, that she would give me a call to set up an appointment. Also, I found this interesting, the dealer will probably get a Lightning for their service department to train on and she said, they call reservation holders to come down and take a look. We can't drive it, but can crawl around it. She also didn't know (or wouldn't tell me) what reservation number I am at the dealership.

Also, she mentioned, they didn't charge a dealer markup on the new Bronco or the Mach-E. She envisioned the same for the Lightning, but since they didn't have pricing she couldn't commit--I'm good with that since I hinted that other dealers weren't charging one. NOTE: anyone interested in a Mach-E, (as of Sep 29th at 3 p.m. CDT) they have one with only 3K miles, not sure what they are asking. They also had a Maverick earlier this month for Service Dept training and called all of the reservation holders.

Like 1st Ford's comment above. My main point of talking to them was to introduce myself, so they know I'm serious and remind them to contact me. I was impressed, they called me within an hour.

Date Reservation Placed: 05/25/2021
Reservation ID Number: 10905566
Your Ford Dealer: Johnson Brothers Ford
I reserved the same day 10927256

1st ford

Jul 8, 2021
Texas
the dealer is Mac Haik

Gloff

Sep 24, 2021
San Francisco
Reservation numbers do not correlate to place in line. The reservation numbers are shared across all reservation system vehicles (Bronco, Mach-E, Lightning)

Roxbury29

Oct 4, 2021
Indiana
My dealership has straight up ghosted me. I'm looking for one close by that won't go over msrp. Just haven't had time to call around and do the research. I'm in San Antonio, TX.
I am getting ghosted from my dealer too. Do you know how to change dealers ? I was going to email or call Ford tomorrow. I figured until ordering banks open we could change. I have 2 other dealers in my area I would prefer, 1 I know will honor A/Z plan but they are suggesting for me to order a F150-Tremor instead. I really want the Lightning and I had reserved it the day of the reveal and no plans on cancelling it !

Don weller

I am getting ghosted from my dealer too. Do you know how to change dealers ? I was going to email or call Ford tomorrow. I figured until ordering banks open we could change. I have 2 other dealers in my area I would prefer, 1 I know will honor A/Z plan but they are suggesting for me to order a F150-Tremor instead. I really want the Lightning and I had reserved it the day of the reveal and no plans on cancelling it !
What model are you interested in. Xlt, Lariat, platinum. Long McArthur ford ,Selina Kansas will sell at msrp. If you can’t find a dealer closer give them a call.

Roxbury29

Oct 4, 2021
Indiana
What model are you interested in. Xlt, Lariat, platinum. Long McArthur ford ,Selina Kansas will sell at msrp. If you can’t find a dealer closer give them a call.
Probably Lariat, and if they do not honor A/Z plan I will probably order it anyway. So many possibilities with the Lightning will be tough to pass up. From what I heard, if you haven't reserved one the wait will be 2023 models.

Don weller

Probably Lariat, and if they do not honor A/Z plan I will probably order it anyway. So many possibilities with the Lightning will be tough to pass up. From what I heard, if you haven't reserved one the wait will be 2023 models.
As far as I am concerned, the F150 lightning is the best engineered electric pickup truck out there. I have been driving electric for 9 years for me it's the only way to go. I'll be trading in a 2019 Ram big horn with E tork which is a terrific truck.but I want an electric truck.

Roxbury29

Oct 4, 2021
Indiana
As far as I am concerned, the F150 lightning is the best engineered electric pickup truck out there. I have been driving electric for 9 years for me it's the only way to go. I'll be trading in a 2019 Ram big horn with E tork which is a terrific truck.but I want an electric truck.
Honestly love the Truck, and will be ordering as soon as Ford lets us! as long as there is some kind of Tax credit and employee pricing, if not I am sure my dealer that I end up with will have no problem selling it, and I will get a Tremor ( which should have been offered as a Hybrid ). After riding in the Lightning a few weeks ago was really awesome, assured me I will love it.

Don weller

Honestly love the Truck, and will be ordering as soon as Ford lets us! as long as there is some kind of Tax credit and employee pricing, if not I am sure my dealer that I end up with will have no problem selling it, and I will get a Tremor ( which should have been offered as a Hybrid ). After riding in the Lightning a few weeks ago was really awesome, assured me I will love it.
Right now there is a tax credit of 7 500 but if the government passes the proposal that I read we could get a 12,500 rebate that's better then a tax credit. How ever the truck you buy can't cost more than 74,000 , you can check this out I think I am quoting this correctly.

Roxbury29

Oct 4, 2021
Indiana
Right now there is a tax credit of 7 500 but if the government passes the proposal that I read we could get a 12,500 rebate that's better then a tax credit. How ever the truck you buy can't cost more than 74,000 , you can check this out I think I am quoting this correctly.
Thanks, I will have the keep that in mind with A/Z plan Lariat ext battery. That leaves out the top model for sure. Without the tax credit I would give my reservation to someone else.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Did you see that ice blue silver in person? I am back and forth about the ice blue silver and the star white. The star white cost $700 more and I am trying to keep the cost down to $74,000 to get the tax rebate.