ORDER DATE ?

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
I just got an email that ”starting October 28th 2021 we will begin to convert reservations to orders”. I am meeting with my Ford dealer on the 29th.

FunWDirt

Sep 17, 2021
Georgia, USA
I put my reservation in 48 hours after it went live. I am probably around 44,000 in line
Yeah...I'm probably like 150,000. I don't really know but it was already at 120,000k when I put in the reservation. I would imagine that only a small percentage ot reservations will convert on this one but even then I'm likely way at the back of the line. LOL

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
I just got an email that ”starting October 28th 2021 we will begin to convert reservations to orders”. I am meeting with my Ford dealer on the 29th.
The correct date is October 26th. Not sure if your dealer made a typo, or if they're trying to spread reservation holders out a bit. It shouldn't matter if you wait a couple days, as the order window should be a few weeks or a month or two. As long as you get your order in during the stated window, your place in line should be preserved (as long as they're doing it similar to the way Bronco was done).

WSM1258

Sep 10, 2021
Waukesha, Wisconsin
The correct date is October 26th. Not sure if your dealer made a typo, or if they're trying to spread reservation holders out a bit. It shouldn't matter if you wait a couple days, as the order window should be a few weeks or a month or two. As long as you get your order in during the stated window, your place in line should be preserved (as long as they're doing it similar to the way Bronco was done).
I sent a message to my Dealer after reading all about these dates.. in the subject line I put in bold…

I didn’t hear a thing from my Dealer

then I copied the above correspondence and sent that to him.. below was his response.

The problem with the internet and forums is that people get freaked out when they see messages like that.
Ford is telling us this info but we went through this on the Broncos where they kept changing the information.

Last edited:

Ljames

Sep 14, 2021
Killeen, Texas
Just talked to my Dealer (Johnson Bro Ford, Temple, TX). She didn't have a lot of information, I let her know the reservation bank date that I had heard and she said, she would look into it. She did say that once Ford opens the reservation bank, that she would give me a call to set up an appointment. Also, I found this interesting, the dealer will probably get a Lightning for their service department to train on and she said, they call reservation holders to come down and take a look. We can't drive it, but can crawl around it. She also didn't know (or wouldn't tell me) what reservation number I am at the dealership. My main point of talking to them was to build a 'relationship' with them, so they know I'm serious and remind them to contact me (this is so Millennial and I'm a Gen X'er :unsure:). Anyway, trying to contribute to the conversation here.

Date Reservation Placed: 05/25/2021

Reservation ID Number: 10905566

Your Ford Dealer: Johnson Brothers Ford

Last edited:

Ljames

Sep 14, 2021
Killeen, Texas
Just talked to my Dealer (Johnson Bro Ford, Temple, TX). She didn't have a lot of information, I let her know the reservation bank date that I had heard and she said, she would look into it. She did say that once Ford opens the reservation bank, that she would give me a call to set up an appointment. Also, I found this interesting, the dealer will probably get a Lightning for their service department to train on and she said, they call reservation holders to come down and take a look. We can't drive it, but can crawl around it. She also didn't know (or wouldn't tell me) what reservation number I am at the dealership. My main point of talking to them was to build a 'relationship' with them, so they know I'm serious and remind them to contact me (this is so Millennial and I'm a Gen X'er :unsure:). Anyway, trying to contribute to the conversation here.
Also, she mentioned, they didn't charge a dealer markup on the new Bronco or the Mach-E. She envisioned the same for the Lightning, but since they didn't have pricing she couldn't commit--I'm good with that since I hinted that other dealers weren't charging one. NOTE: anyone interested in a Mach-E, (as of Sep 29th at 3 p.m. CDT) they have one with only 3K miles, not sure what they are asking. They also had a Maverick earlier this month for Service Dept training and called all of the reservation holders.