ORDER DATE ?

FunWDirt

Sep 17, 2021
Georgia, USA
Not really. Just Fall 2021 is all that I have seen officially announced. What it looks like from there, no idea. Don't know if ordering is open to everyone or there is some sort of order to it.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
I was surprised to hear The new Iphone 12 has 18 chips in it and a F 150 ICE has 1,800 chips in it but I believe the electric truck has less than that . They say that we will be getting emails from ford soon as to where we can ( people with reservations ) can go see the Lightning in our area. He said said Ford is doing us separate from the one they are doing now for the business and company's.

5ohbrad

Jun 8, 2021
Texas
There is a guy on YouTube claiming a site leaked October 26th as the date, but it's kind of a single source report so far. Someone in the comments said their dealer confirmed order banks open on the 26th of October

Kiddushin

Aug 1, 2021
USA
There is a guy on YouTube claiming a site leaked October 26th as the date, but it's kind of a single source report so far. Someone in the comments said their dealer confirmed order banks open on the 26th of October
Can you share the YouTube link?

goose2

Sep 1, 2021
Idaho
Where he is wrong is if you are one of the earlier ones to reserve you will be one of the first to get yours. First come first basis. There really is no reason to race to your dealer to get your order in. Now if I was over say 30-40,000 to get mine in then you’ll be waiting awhile. That come from Ford CS. As many as these that were reserved it would be in Fords best interest to ramp up and build more than they first were going to buy that might come down to availability of materials.

5ohbrad

Jun 8, 2021
Texas
Did some digging around and it appears that Oct 26 is when the order banks open, scheduling probably to follow a couple weeks after that which should put Job 1 the first week of the new year. It’s anybody’s guess how the allotments are going to go, but we have a decent idea of when the ball starts rolling.

Attachments

• 59A321E8-3094-4BB9-B65C-728C01792C52.png
    59A321E8-3094-4BB9-B65C-728C01792C52.png
    618.4 KB · Views: 152

Kiddushin

Aug 1, 2021
USA
Did some digging around and it appears that Oct 26 is when the order banks open, scheduling probably to follow a couple weeks after that which should put Job 1 the first week of the new year. It’s anybody’s guess how the allotments are going to go, but we have a decent idea of when the ball starts rolling.
Thanks!

Kiddushin

Aug 1, 2021
USA
Remember too that your reservation number does not imply your vehicle is built in that numerical order.
Maybe the first week of production Ford will be only be building base model pros. They’ll pull reservations with that build. Maybe you are #3 on the reservation list but you ordered a lariat luxury package. You’re going to wait regardless of the timing of your reservation.

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
Remember too that your reservation number does not imply your vehicle is built in that numerical order.
Maybe the first week of production Ford will be only be building base model pros. They’ll pull reservations with that build. Maybe you are #3 on the reservation list but you ordered a lariat luxury package. You’re going to wait regardless of the timing of your reservation.
Ford has said they will be making all trim levels from the beginning. You're correct that on a week-to-week basis they will probably concentrate on a specific trim, but it will not be months.
If they were to go back on their word about that, it would likely be the reverse of what you said. Platinum and Lariats first, XLTs and Pros last. Automakers almost always go for the higher profit margin trims first.

Kiddushin

Aug 1, 2021
USA
Ford has said they will be making all trim levels from the beginning. You're correct that on a week-to-week basis they will probably concentrate on a specific trim, but it will not be months.
If they were to go back on their word about that, it would likely be the reverse of what you said. Platinum and Lariats first, XLTs and Pros last. Automakers almost always go for the higher profit margin trims first.
All I’m referring to is the week by week builds.
Profit could be a consideration, of course, but even more so, will be product availability. If they have stock of a particular product, expect trims and/or packages with those products to be built first.
If they have a difficult time getting a particular product (say as an example the tailgate with the light bar on lariat or platinum trims) expect those not to be built.
My only intent is to help folks realize that Ford is not taking your reservation number and building your Lightning in the order those reservations were received. It’s a part of it, it’s not a large part of it.

corradoborg

Jun 13, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
All I’m referring to is the week by week builds.
Profit could be a consideration, of course, but even more so, will be product availability. If they have stock of a particular product, expect trims and/or packages with those products to be built first.
If they have a difficult time getting a particular product (say as an example the tailgate with the light bar on lariat or platinum trims) expect those not to be built.
My only intent is to help folks realize that Ford is not taking your reservation number and building your Lightning in the order those reservations were received. It’s a part of it, it’s not a large part of it.
I agree with you, but the choke points for production are going to be batteries and maybe - if there’s still a shortage - chips.
If SKI can’t deliver enough big batteries, you might see more non-fleet Pro trim being made and fewer Platinums. Otherwise, shouldn’t be an issue.

FunWDirt

Sep 17, 2021
Georgia, USA
I agree with you, but the choke points for production are going to be batteries and maybe - if there’s still a shortage - chips.
If SKI can’t deliver enough big batteries, you might see more non-fleet Pro trim being made and fewer Platinums. Otherwise, shouldn’t be an issue.
From what I understand, the batteries and chips will be made state-side.