Installing Ford Charge Station Pro (FCSP) outdoors - anyone?

MR Fiso

Nov 26, 2023
Washington State
Has anyone installed their Charge Station Pro outdoors? If so, how / where did you mount it?

My garage is not getting a car any year soon, as it has become the de-facto extra storage space for all those little things you refuse to let go of, but don't need right now.
So, charging the truck with a FCSP means it has to go outside. What was your solution?

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Has anyone installed their Charge Station Pro outdoors? If so, how / where did you mount it?

My garage is not getting a car any year soon, as it has become the de-facto extra storage space for all those little things you refuse to let go of, but don't need right now.
So, charging the truck with a FCSP means it has to go outside. What was your solution?
I put my Pro charger just inside the garage door so I can Charge it in or out of the garage and no one can steal it

OP
MR Fiso

MR Fiso

Nov 26, 2023
Washington State
@frunk - Good point. I may have to do that. While I don't have the concern of theft, It may just be a mounting problem that forces it.

I just discovered I can close my garage door with the power cable from a J+ Booster, due to the door having a thick rubber seal on the bottom edge. It is not pinching the cable, so I don't think that will be a worry. I may have to make a larger gap right there where the cable comes through and a bit more of a gasket seal there. My garage is less garage and more extra storage, so without external mounting, that is going to be the closest I can get for this. But, the complexity comes in when you have mice concerns to deal with.

I don't know about you, but I can not leave my garage door open for 18 hours for a full level 1 charge (on the J+ booster at 120v). But it is an problem I will need to decide on before the FCSP comes in, or I have a 240v socket installed.

OP
MR Fiso

MR Fiso

Nov 26, 2023
Washington State
Well, I am now having my electrician install my Charge Station Pro on the wall outside my storage space garage. Where I live, the likelihood of it being stolen is low.
The location is very near my main breaker panel. So it should work out well.

I am still putting in a spare 14-50 (dryer style) socket to plug in my portable charge inside near the door, in case the FCSP flakes out when I really need it. The two won't share a breaker, so no risk of one popping the other's breaker.

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Well, I am now having my electrician install my Charge Station Pro on the wall outside my storage space garage. Where I live, the likelihood of it being stolen is low.

I am still putting in a spare 14-50 (dryer style) socket to plug in my portable charge inside near the door, in case the FCSP flakes out when I really need it. The two won't share a breaker, so no risk of one popping the other's breaker.
Sounds like a good plan

f150L_man

Mar 22, 2024
Boston

How did you end up mounting it outside?

frunk

Jun 11, 2021

I would build some kind of cover over it just to keep the Ice and rain out of it and I know it is made for outside