Lightning 2023 production

I am ready to move on to the 2023. I hope they have a few good changes like maybe more colors, the new android infotainment center and even more plug adapters. I hope they start wave one the first of July because I hope to be in wave one.

Unfortunately a price hike will come on 2023 models. I predict a healthy $4-5k increase over 2022 models.

I don't think I should get a price increase . The truck is already $100k and I have will have been waiting 2 years for them to get me one. Not my fault. We should be grandfathered in. I hope Ford will fix the brake fade on 2023

Last edited:
If I purchase a later model year F-150, will my price be protected?

Ford will honor the price on the day an order is placed.
Note: A F-150 Lightning reservation holds a place in line to order but does not constitute an order. Future model year pricing will be provided when available.

When can I order a 2023 F-150 Lightning?

You can place retail orders for 2023 MY F-150 Lightning when the order banks open in July 2022.

If I purchase a later model year F-150, will my price be protected?

Ford will honor the price on the day an order is placed.
Note: A F-150 Lightning reservation holds a place in line to order but does not constitute an order. Future model year pricing will be provided when available.

When can I order a 2023 F-150 Lightning?

You can place retail orders for 2023 MY F-150 Lightning when the order banks open in July 2022.
I reserved the morning of day when reservations started I thought Id get in on my2022 but no it sounds like im just hoping to get into the retail order. Its past the mid of July and no word on the order bank opening any new rumors?

I am hoping wave 1 will be tomorrow July 21 2022 That will be my birthday but waiting for this truck I feel 101 years old

I am predicting a $3-5k price increase for 2023 Lightings.
The tax credits will start phasing out in January, so the price is already up by $3,750 in January and by $5,625 in July. If Ford adds another $3k to $5k on top of that, the total increase will be $10k.

They may be able to convert most of the reservations to orders, but with supply chain issues getting resolved, economy slowing down, and competition picking up they may not be able to sustain 150k sales if they raise the price too much.

I don't think I should get a price increase . The truck is already $100k and I have will have been waiting 2 years for them to get me one. Not my fault. We should be grandfathered in. I hope Ford will fix the brake fade on 2023
Comical you think Ford will eat a larger loss than they probably are on these vehicles for 200k reservations. You placed a reservation not an order they don't have a price to honor anyone with a reservation.

My reservation was placed on opening day 5/19. Have not heard anything from Ford yet on ordering the 2023MY.
Hoping to get my SR Pro order with Trailer Tow (for extra battery cooling) and 7.2KW Power (for emergency power) into production early for max tax break.
Too bad the LFP is 2024MY, I would prefer that chemistry for maximum charge cycle life.

Thanks for the info. it looks like anyone wanting a Platinum is out of look for a rebate.
Not just the Platinum. If you want a Lariat, ER Battery and Max Trailer Tow Package (or any combination of options that total more than $731 without the Max Trailer Tow Package) it will not qualify.

And, if predictions that the price for 2023 models will increase by $3k-$5k, then maybe only XLTs and Pros will qualify.

Last edited:
Not just the Platinum. If you want a Lariat, ER Battery and Max Trailer Tow Package (or any combination of options that total more than $731 without the Max Trailer Tow Package) will not qualify.

And, if predictions that the price for 2023 models will increase by $3k-$5k, then maybe only XLTs and Pros will qualify.
I called Ford promotion department today and asked them when will the waves for 2023 and she said we never said it will be in July. She said wave 1 for 2023 will be in late fall or late winter. On Ford Authority.com has it in the question and answer she said we may need to update that site

Back