Faster Charge Time

Re Regeggrgrr4

Or group went on major road trip. From my home town to Boston. Around 210 miles one way. Left house stopped at Mall of New Hampshire. Plugged truck in to charge while went bathroom and grab a bit to eat. Truck was charged to 80% when we got back to eat. So in my Volvo that I had I would have to charge in Boston to get to Manchester. Not in lightning. Get to mall on way back plug truck in go eat. Truck charges to 89%. Tells me will have 150 miles when I get home. Well stupid me said great. Set cruise to 78. Didn't watch miles per kWh. It dropped to 1.5
I was getting close to the amount left when I got home. I had 39 miles left.here are few things I learnt

1. Hands free driving is great. But have to watch as it will want your hands back on quickly
2. Cruise control doesn't help with range if anything makes it worse no regeneration braking
3. 78 mph kills battery range
4. People keep wanting to sit in it

Only issue I have right now is it's always going to 100% charge setting

Re Regeggrgrr4

Or group went on major road trip. From my home town to Boston. Around 210 miles one way. Left house stopped at Mall of New Hampshire. Plugged truck in to charge while went bathroom and grab a bit to eat. Truck was charged to 80% when we got back to eat. So in my Volvo that I had I would have to charge in Boston to get to Manchester. Not in lightning. Get to mall on way back plug truck in go eat. Truck charges to 89%. Tells me will have 150 miles when I get home. Well stupid me said great. Set cruise to 78. Didn't watch miles per kWh. It dropped to 1.5
I was getting close to the amount left when I got home. I had 39 miles left.here are few things I learnt

1. Hands free driving is great. But have to watch as it will want your hands back on quickly
2. Cruise control doesn't help with range if anything makes it worse no regeneration braking

That was great thanks. I wonder those why Ford did not go with two speed trans?

Re Regeggrgrr4

Yeah, speed is a killer. My leaf gets twice the range at 60mph compared to 70mph.

Back