Pro version is sold out. What happens next?

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
Hi, does anyone here have any idea as to what happens after someone gets an invitation like I did, to configure my order last week but choose to extend my reservation because the Pro version was sold out? Will I have to wait until 2023 to get my truck? Where does my place in line fall after I declined the opportunity to pick the higher trims that were available (eg Lariat)? I feel fortunate that I my reservation status moved to the configuration stage but where does this place me now?
btw. I reserved on 5/23/2021. Thanks

frunk

Jun 11, 2021
Hi, does anyone here have any idea as to what happens after someone gets an invitation like I did, to configure my order last week but choose to extend my reservation because the Pro version was sold out? Will I have to wait until 2023 to get my truck? Where does my place in line fall after I declined the opportunity to pick the higher trims that were available (eg Lariat)? I feel fortunate that I my reservation status moved to the configuration stage but where does this place me now?
You will keep your place in line. You will have to wait for the 2023 waves but you should be in the first waves.

trav19gt

Sep 26, 2021
Castle Rock, CO
What I still don't understand is you reserved on 5/23 and were selected to purchase a 2022, I reserved almost immediately after the reveal on 5/19 and I never received an invite to order. To me, this makes absolutely no sense. I really wish I could see a list of all reservations, times and order email notifications - there seems no rhyme or reason to how they did the allocations.

TaxmanHog

Jan 26, 2022
South Eastern MASS
What I still don't understand is you reserved on 5/23 and were selected to purchase a 2022, I reserved almost immediately after the reveal on 5/19 and I never received an invite to order. To me, this makes absolutely no sense. I really wish I could see a list of all reservations, times and order email notifications - there seems no rhyme or reason to how they did the allocations.

Most likely, many earlier offers to order were canceled or extended at the dealer Tim is going through, why that's happening could be that they all wanted a sold out trim, or the dealer is playing up the ADP and these folks all stepped aside. So in wave 6+ they will be pulling later time stamped reservations.

This is fully disconnected from the time stamp order at your dealer.

@Timtal does your dealer want a high markup or are they selling at MSRP?

OP
T

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
Most likely, many earlier offers to order were canceled or extended at the dealer Tim is going through, why that's happening could be that they all wanted a sold out trim, or the dealer is playing up the ADP and these folks all stepped aside. So in wave 6+ they will be pulling later time stamped reservations.

This is fully disconnected from the time stamp order at your dealer.

@Timtal does your dealer want a high markup or are they selling at MSRP?
My dealer is selling at mrsp

My guess is that my dealership is in a small town and they didn’t get a lot of people listing this dealership. There is another thread here that indicates some folks are getting invitations to build and they reserved in June and if I remember right I think I saw a July one.

There is one thing that I am mostly sure of: the dealerships are not getting much information. Mine isn’t.
The posters on this message board seem to know as much if not more than them. I think that is the most frustrating part of this process.

OP
T

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
I also have asked and have not received any information on what number I am at my dealership and how many orders they have.

TaxmanHog

Jan 26, 2022
South Eastern MASS
Being linked to a small dealer is a major cause for seeing fewer buyer opportunities, they probably have a small number of allocations, so far most folks have opted out of placing an order on the available high trims like you did.

Unfortunately their inability to sell the allocation does not help Trav's dealership either.

I think this is why the MoCo is looking for preferences right now from the remaining population, then if a wave-7 is needed to fill out MY22, they will target that person who's much further down the wait list rather than weeding through folks who aren't taking the bait.

OP
T

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
Being linked to a small dealer is a major cause for seeing fewer buyer opportunities, they probably have a small number of allocations, so far most folks have opted out of placing an order on the available high trims like you did.

Unfortunately their inability to sell the allocation does not help Trav's dealership either.

I think this is why the MoCo is looking for preferences right now from the remaining population, then if a wave-7 is needed to fill out MY22, they will target that person who's much further down the wait list rather than weeding through folks who aren't taking the bait.
How do they even know what your preferred trim level is? No one has asked me that question verbally or via email.

TaxmanHog

Jan 26, 2022
South Eastern MASS
How do they even know what your preferred trim level is? No one has asked me that question verbally or via email.

Last week Ford sent a memo to all the dealers to begin polling customers who are stuck on the MY23/MY24 waiting list.
They will seek the specifications of a draft build, Pro/XLT/Lariat/Platinum, then maybe certain major features. The data will be loaded into Fords main computer for analysis, if they get this information collected quickly, say by the end of April, then they could also use that information to weed through who are looking the remaining MY22 Lariat & Platinum production capacity, even in time stamp order, rather than torturing folks who have zero interest in the high trims.

OP
T

Timtal

Jun 15, 2021
NY
Last week Ford sent a memo to all the dealers to begin polling customers who are stuck on the MY23/MY24 waiting list.
They will seek the specifications of a draft build, Pro/XLT/Lariat/Platinum, then maybe certain major features. The data will be loaded into Fords main computer for analysis, if they get this information collected quickly, say by the end of April, then they could also use that information to weed through who are looking the remaining MY22 Lariat & Platinum production capacity, even in time stamp order, rather than torturing folks who have zero interest in the high trims.
Torturing is an accurate description